A lot of people think that you can’t wash your Converse in the washing machine, but you sure can! All it takes is a little bit of care and knowledge. Here are some tips for how to wash your converse in the washing machine so they come out looking like new.
Below I have mentioned 6 Easy Steps to wash your Converse in the Washing Machine.
6 Key Steps:
- Remove shoelaces and any other strings from the shoe.
- Place one pair of shoes at a time in the washing machine, making sure they do not touch each other or anything else in the washer.
- Use cold water and a gentle detergent (detergents with fabric softener can cause fading).
- Add 1/4 cup white vinegar to help remove dirt and odors.
- Set your washing machine to “delicate” for about 15 minutes on medium spin speed.
- Hang dry, don’t place them in direct sunlight as this could cause fading or discoloration over time.
Ultimate Guide About How to Wash Your Converse with This Step-By-Step Converse Washing Guide
The first thing you need to do is remove the laces from your shoes. You don’t want them to get caught in the washing machine! Next, take each shoe and put it into a pillowcase with some tennis balls inside.
This way they won’t be able to move around or rub together while being washed. Simply throw them in your washing machine and wash on the delicate cycle with cold water. Make sure to put the shoes inside out as well!
Once they are finished, simply take them out of their pillowcase and let air dry.
This is How to Wash Converse in the Washing Machine so that you can keep wearing these trendy shoes for years without spending too much time caring for them!
Can You Wash Converse in the Washing Machine?
Can you wash converse in the washing machine? Yes! And it’s not that difficult either. You can use a large, old pillowcase or some other cloth bag to put your dirty shoes into if you do not want them to touch anything else in the machine.
If they are really dirty, soak them first with water and soap before throwing them into the washer. Allow the sneakers to air dry by leaving them outside for a day or two before putting them back on your feet so they don’t start smelling bad again right away!
Is It Safe to Wash Converse in the Washing Machine?
The answer to this question depends on the type of Converse you own. If you have a pair of classic Chuck Taylor All-Stars, it is safe to wash them in your washing machine with other clothes BUT ONLY IF YOU DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER!
The rubber soles will melt when they are heated up by the dryer and if that isn’t bad enough, the stitching will also come undone which means you’ll be left with one lonely shoe.
Please comment below if this article has helped you or if there are any other tips & tricks, I should know about converse care. Thanks, hope this helps 🙂
1. How To Clean Yellow Soles with Baking Soda? (4 Simple Hacks)
2. Can You Wear Leather Shoes in the Rain?
3. How To Get Rid of Yellow Midsole? (5 Easy Methods)
4. How To Prevent Shoes from Yellowing? (6 Simple Tips)