Yellow midsoles are a nightmare for sneakerheads. Most people consider it as the death of the shoes, so they never think of how to get rid of the yellow midsole. Yellow shoes look dirty and can never compliment your style statement.
Shoes can get yellow due to a lot of reasons. But the root cause is aging. Yellow midsoles never mean that it’s time to buy new shoes. Here are some very easy tips by which you can turn your midsoles white again.
Table of Contents
Method 1. Use A Magic Eraser for a Magical Effect
This method works very well for whitening shoes. Grab a magic eraser. You can buy one easily from Amazon. You also need a sole brightener and a plastic cling wrap. Now follow the following steps.
- Rub the magic eraser on the midsole. Keep rubbing until you are satisfied.
- Now apply a sole whitener liquid all over the midsole.
- Plastic wraps the midsole tightly.
- Allow the shoes to dry in the sun
- Wash the shoes under tap water. Use a brush to rub the midsole.
- Repeat the whole process until you get bright white shoes.
Method 2. How To Clean Your Shoes Using Bleach
This is one of the most used remedies for turning shoes white. But here is a warning, only use bleach for cleaning yellow midsoles the way I have described below. Do not let the bleach come in contact with the upper part of the shoes if it is made from leather or fabric.
- Wash the shoes generously with soap and water.
- Pat dries the shoes using a towel.
- Pour some bleach on the toothbrush.
- Rub the toothbrush on the midsole until it bubbles.
- Keep rubbing until the yellowness vanishes.
- Now wash the shoes again and dry them.
Method 3. Apply Whitening Toothpaste on the Midsoles
Yes, you read it right. Whitening toothpaste is not only for teeth. They can also turn yellow midsoles white.
- Mix around 2 tablespoons of whitening toothpaste and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Apply the mixture generously all over the midsole.
- Leave the shoe for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub the midsole using a toothbrush. Keep dipping the toothbrush in the water between scrubbing.
Method 4. Mixture Of Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
Hydrogen peroxide is easily available online and in stores. In case you don’t find one use a whitening solution having hydrogen peroxide in it and directly apply it on the midsole without mixing with baking soda.
- Make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
- Apply it all over the midsole using a toothbrush.
- Rub the midsoles with the toothbrush.
- Let the shoes dry in the sun.
- Wash the midsole.
- For better results, you can repeat the above procedure.
Method 5. Clean Your Midsoles Using a Sole Whitener
Sometimes all your midsoles need to shine brightly is a sole whitener. This is best for getting rid of yellow midsoles due to oxidation.
- Apply a sole brightener on the midsole.
- Rub the solution using a toothbrush.
- Wrap plastic around the midsole
- Dry the shoes in sunlight for 6-8 hours.
- Scrub the midsole using a toothbrush
- Rinse the midsoles.
You can easily get rid of yellow shoes. All you need is to use some DIY hacks very intelligently. There are tons of sole whitening agents available in the market. They may work as a game-changer for your shoes, but you have to pick one wisely. So don’t waste any more time and start cleaning your midsoles right away. I hope this article will help you how to get rid of the yellow midsole.