Yellow soles do not declare the death of the shoes. In this article, I will be telling you how to clean yellow soles with baking soda. Yes, baking soda. Sounds strange? It is the most tried and tested hack to clean your dirty soles.
Baking soda, or in popular terms, “All-Rounder,” is present in almost every kitchen. This star ingredient is not only used for cooking but also for cleaning purposes. The results that it has on dirty shoes are mind-blowing.
So, without any further ado, here are some hacks that will help you restore white soles.
How To Clean Yellow Soles with Baking Soda? (4 Simple Hacks)
Hack# 1 Baking Soda and Whitening Toothpaste
Whitening toothpaste is great for cleaning yellow soles. So run into your bathroom, pick up the toothpaste and an old toothbrush and follow these steps.
- Make a paste of whitening toothpaste and baking soda.
- Apply this paste all over the sole.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Scrub the sole using a toothbrush until the sole starts turning white
- Rinse the sole under tap water.
Hack# 2 Baking Soda and Vinegar
People are always asking how to clean yellow soles using household items. Well, here you go. Vinegar is present in every house, be it a cleaning area or your kitchen.
- Make a paste using vinegar, hot water, and baking soda.
- Apply the paste all over your sole using a toothbrush.
- Wrap the soles with plastic wrap.
- Keep the shoes in sunlight for 6 to 8 hours or when the paste is dry and is showing some cracks.
- Clap the shoes to remove the paste.
- Scrub the soles with a toothbrush.
- You can wash the soles if you feel the need.
Hack# 3 Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is an oxidizing agent. It is widely used for cleaning purposes. Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda are the best ever combo for removing yellow stains from the shoes.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to make a paste.
- Rub it all over the sole using a toothbrush.
- Keep the shoes with the sole side up in sunlight for some hours.
- Wash the shoes.
- Repeat the process until the shoes are white.
Hack# 4 Baking Soda and Detergent
Whichever laundry detergent you use can help to clean the yellow soles. For a more amazing effect, add baking soda to the detergent and then see the magic on your soles.
- Make a paste of baking soda and detergent using water.
- Dust off any dirt from the soles.
- Apply the mixture using a toothbrush.
- Rub the toothbrush gently in circular motions.
- Let the soles dry.
- Wash the soles with tap water, and you can also use a toothbrush.
Yellow soles should not be a concern anymore as you have so many methods to clean them. All of the hacks in this article are tried and tested. You can try any or all of them for the best results.
So, grab all your yellow shoes from the storeroom and start cleaning them right away. I hope these 4 simple hacks that how to Clean Yellow Soles with Baking Soda is perfect for you.